Getting Started #
In order to allow your visitors to log in with their Reddit account, first you must create a Reddit App. The following guide will help you through the Reddit App creation process. After you have created your Reddit App, head over to “Settings” and configure the given “App ID” and “App secret” according to your Reddit App.. let’s learn…
Create Reddit App #
- Go to https://www.reddit.com/prefs/apps
- Log in with your Reddit Account ( if you are not logged in )
- Click Create an App button. It will take you to the App registration page.
- App name should be clear and succinct.
- Select web app.
- In the description box. You should provide with a reasonable description.
- Redirect uri must be filled up according to WP social plugin.
- The redirect uri is important – for web apps, it points to a URL on a webserver that you control.
- You will find the redirect URIs form WP Social Plugin.
- Click get started button of Reddit login.
- Here you can see your Client ID and Client Secret.
Setup WP Social #
- After the successful Reddit app creation process you will need to go to WP social plugin from dashboard.
- Click get started button of the Reddit app login.
- Open Settings Tab.
- Here you need to copy and paste Client ID and Client secret.
- Click Save changes button.