Getting Started #
In order to allow your visitors to login with their WordPress.com account, first you must create a WordPress App. The following guide will help you through the WordPress App creation process. After you have created your WordPress App, head over to “Settings” and configure the given “App ID” and “App secret” according to your LinkedIn App. Let’s Learn…
Create LinkedIn App #
- Go to https://developer.wordpress.com/apps/
- Log in with your WordPress.com Account ( if you are not logged in )
- Click Create New Application button. It will take you to the app creation page.
- Insert the Name and Description for your App.
- Fill up Website URL with your website’s Homepage.
- Enter Redirect URLs according to WP social plugin.
- Complete the human verification test.
- At the Type checkbox, make sure Web is selected.
- Click the Create button.
- You will find the redirect URIs form WP Social Plugin.
- Click get started button of WordPress login.
- When you’re app is created, click the name of your app. You will end up in the oAuth Information page.
- Here you can see your Client ID and Client Secret.
Setup WP Social #
- After the successful WordPress app creation process you will need to go to WP social plugin from dashboard.
- Click get started button of the wordpress app login.
- Open Settings Tab.
- Here you need to copy and paste Client ID and Client secret.
- Click Save changes button.