Looking to build a stunning website but unsure which platform to choose between Elementor and Wix?
Well, both platforms offer intuitive features and functionalities to design your website. But which one is the ideal fit for your project? 🤔
In this head-to-head comparison, we’ll discuss the key differences between Elementor vs Wix. Also, we’ll guide you toward the perfect choice for your website aspirations.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
Understanding Elementor and Wix
Before jumping on the key comparing factors, let’s have a look at a quick overview of Elementor and Wix.
What is Elementor?
Elementor is a highly advanced drag-and-drop web page builder plugin for WordPress. You can design fully-functional and dynamic web pages using its real-time visual editor.
This instant feedback mechanism of Elementor makes it particularly appealing and useful without even coding knowledge.
Besides, Elementor provides a wide range of pre-designed templates, widgets, and modules(free and premium). These elements are fully customizable to suit individual preferences.
What is Wix?
Wix is a user-friendly all-in-one website-building platform. It offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for creating dynamic and elegant websites from scratch.
You can choose from a diverse collection of pre-build web templates based on your industries and purposes. Besides, the Wix website builder also comes with a simple drag-and-drop interface that suits both beginners and experienced users.
Elementor vs Wix: At a Glance
|Integrations||Third-party plugins||Own App Market|
|Loading Speed||Under 2 seconds||Around 3 seconds|
|Mobile Responsiveness||Highly responsive||Highly responsive|
|WordPress Dependency||Dependent||Independent platform (can use with WordPress too)|
|SEO Capabilities||Highly capable||Highly capable|
Pro plans start at $9.99/month and go up to $49.99/month.
Pro plans start at $94.50/month and go up to $24.50/month.
|Best fit for||WordPress users, Intermediate to advanced users, designers, and developers||Beginners, Non-technical users, and Creative professionals|
Elementor vs Wix: 7 Key Differences
Elementor and Wix both are highly useful platforms for website building, but they have distinct differences. Here are the 7 key differences between Elementor and Wix.
1. Design and Customization
Did you know 94% of users judge websites based on their design?
And, when it comes to design and customization, both Elementor and Wix offer powerful tools to help you create visually appealing websites.
However, Elementor offers
- Over 3700 templates that are completely responsive and customizable.
- Over 300 plugins and page builder add-ons (e.g. ElementsKit) to design interactive carousels, pricing tables, dynamic forms, and so on.
- You can utilize 100+ free and 200+ premium widgets of Elementor to scale up your website design.
- You can design any kind of website e.g. business, blog, portfolio, or e-Commerce using unlimited ready and customizable templates, add-ons, and widgets.
On the other hand, Wix offers a wide range of designer-made templates for every business.
- You can utilize 800+ website templates of Wix.
- Offers 3 different editors such as Wix Editor, Wix ADI, and Wix Corvid Editor for full flexibility in customization
- You can use these stunning templates to design your site exactly the way you want with the innovative drag-and-drop feature.
You can add, copy, paste, undo, remove, or customize any blocks, text, and effects of both Elementor and Wix templates to make your website more elegant and appealing.
Elementor vs Wix: Which is Better for Design and Customization?
📢 Though both platforms excel in this area, Elementor offers advanced features that give you a competitive edge in terms of design and customization.
2. Features and Functionality
Elementor offers numerous features to make your website more elegant and dynamic such as
a template library, video lightbox, headline effects, testimonials, animations, shape dividers, box shadows, background overlays, hover effects, icon boxes, social icons, gradient backgrounds, and many more.
In Wix, you’ll find multiple editors which are perfect for those who want to create a more unique website.
Now, let’s see which is more functional for e-Commerce, blogging, and integration purposes:
- Both Elementor and Wix allow you to set up online stores with e-commerce functionality. Elementor is mainly paired with compatible e-Commerce plugins like WooCommerce to provide similar capabilities.
- On the other hand, Wix offers an integrated e-commerce system with various payment gateways, inventory management, and order tracking.
- You can create visually striking blog posts in WordPress using the dynamic widgets of Elementor. Elementor offers more flexibility in designing individual blog posts.
- Wix’s native blogging tools allow users to easily create and manage blog content. Its built-in blogging tools are preferable if you prioritize simplicity.
- Elementor has a strong integration ecosystem with various third-party plugins to enhance website functionalities.
- Wix, while having its own App Market, has limitations in terms of third-party integrations compared to Elementor’s broader options.
Elementor vs Wix: Which Has More Features and Functionalities?
📢 Elementor offers more features to design your website in more appealing ways using different elements.
📢 For e-Commerce: Wix’s built-in e-commerce features could simplify your business operations. If you need more intricate customization to give your customers a unique online store experience, you can choose Elementor.
📢 For Blogging: Wix and Elementor both facilitate blogging through intuitive interfaces, but Wix’s native blogging features are more extensive.
📢 For Integration: Elementor offers more versatility for integrating tools and plugins including popular SEO plugins and expands its functionality.
3. Performance and Loading Speed
Both platforms focus on mobile responsiveness to ensure your site looks and functions well on all devices.
- However, according to the first-hand experience of top professionals, users expect websites to load in under 2 seconds with Elementor. It’s recommended to utilize caching and image optimization plugins to enhance loading speed with Elementor.
- Contrastingly, Wix managed hosting, caching, and image optimization, contributing to relatively consistent loading speeds of around 3 seconds.
Elementor vs Wix: Who Performs Better?
📢 In terms of loading speed and optimization, Elementor is the faster and more reliable choice for web design.
4. SEO Capabilities
Research shows organic search delivers 53% of all website traffic.
To get ranked on search engine result pages (e.g. Google, Bing) and get organic traffic, you need to consider the SEO capabilities of your website.
Elementor has an edge due to its integration with various SEO plugins, such as Yoast SEO, RankMath, and GetGenie Ai. These plugins provide more advanced optimization options for on-page optimization, including
- Meta title
- Meta description
- Internal linking
- Image alt text, etc.
You can use these free SEO plugins perfectly with Elementor where Wix apps can’t match with WordPress SEO plugins. Wix offers basic SEO features but has limitations in terms of customization compared to Elementor.
Elementor vs Wix: Which is More Capable for Search Engine Optimization?
📢 Elementor provides more comprehensive options for advanced SEO strategies to maximize your site’s search engine performance and secure places on featured snippets.
5. Ease of Use
If you think about the ease of use for Elementor and Wix, they both shine in the ease-of-use department.
- Elementor’s real-time editing provides immediate visual feedback during customization. Simultaneously, Wix’s drag-and-drop editor simplifies the website-building process.
- However, you can use Elementor with WordPress websites where Wix is available for both WordPress CMS and Wix platform for non-WordPress users.
- Besides, Wix has a low learning curve whereas Elementor requires a steeper learning curve.
Elementor vs Wix: Which is More User-friendly?
📢 If you are new to web designing, Wix seems more compatible for beginners. Elementor offers more ease of use if you prefer advanced customization options and speed.
6. Pricing and Plans
Wix and Elementor both offer free and premium plans. You’ll get basic features in free plans.
- For advanced customization and premium support, the basic plan of Elementor starts at $9.99/Month for 1 website. Elementor also has business, growth, and scale plans at $19.99, $22.99, and $49.99 with different storage, bandwidth, database, SSL, and CDN from Cloudflare, etc.
- Wix’s most basic plan starts at $4.50 only. You can choose the combo, unlimited, and VIP plans for $8.50, $12.50, and $24.50 with a custom domain, free hosting, free SSL certificate, google analytics, and premium customer support 24/7.
In addition, you can create a website through the free subdomain of Elementor and use the Elementor cloud website for free hosting. You can control your website from the My Elementor dashboard. Similarly, Wix offers free plans with domain, and hosting facilities.
Elementor vs Wix: Which is Cost-effective?
📢 In terms of free plans, and premium plans with domain, hosting, and other facilities, Wix is the winner for its cost-effective deals.
7. Use Cases and Target Audience
Though Elementor and Wix are both used as no-code website builders, they have different use cases and audiences.
Elementor provides advanced customization, flexibility, and integration options. It’s a go-to choice for designers, developers, and those who want more control over their WordPress websites.
On the other hand, Wix has a user-friendly interface, hosting, and integrated features. Plus, It allows the design and customization of websites in both WordPress and Wix platforms.
This makes it convenient and ideal for beginners, small businesses, and individuals who want an all-in-one solution. Elementor vs Wix: Which is for whom?
Elementor vs Wix: Which is for Whom?
Here is a short list of users of Elementor and Wix website builders (including, but not limited to):
|📢 Elementor Users||📢 Wix Users|
|🔷 WordPress Enthusiasts|
🔷 Web Designers
🔷 Small to Medium-sized Businesses
🔷 E-commerce Store
🔷 Non-profit Organizations
|🔷 Beginners for Portflio|
🔷 Small Business Owners
🔷 Artists and Creatives
🔷 Event Planners
🔷 Web designer with less coding knowledge
🔷 E-commerce Store
🔷 Food Businesses
Elementor vs Wix: Pros and Cons
✅ Advanced design tools
✅ Responsive and SEO-friendly design
✅ Third-Party integrations
✅ Premium support & active community
|✅ All-in-One platform|
✅ Beginner-friendly blogging
✅ Wide range of templates
✅ App market
✅ Mobile editor
|Cons||❌ WordPress dependency|
❌ Limited free version
|❌ Limited design flexibility|
❌ No interchangeable templates
Can You Use WordPress With Wix?
Yes, you can use WordPress with Wix in 2 ways. You can install WordPress and then connect it with Wix. Or, you can use Wix’s built-in blogging feature by importing WordPress content into Wix.
Can I use Elementor with Wix?
Yes, you can use Elementor with Wix. You can utilize Elementor to build and customize your Wix website projects, however, it’s not a recommended practice.
Is Elementor Good for Beginners?
Yes, Elementor is beginner-friendly. You can create and customize websites with no coding experience. Also, its drag-and-drop interface and real-time editing make it easy for beginner users.
In summary, Elementor and Wix have emerged as two prominent contenders. And, each of them offers its own set of features and tools to help users build stunning and functional websites without the need for extensive coding knowledge.
Here we’ve discussed the 7 key differences between Elementor vs Wix. This enables you to confidently step aboard on your website-building journey.
Hopefully, now you can choose your preferable platform to design beautiful and fully functional websites more efficiently.