In the current age, you can’t brush aside the gravity of social media to scale up your online business. Social media is so impactful these days that only by targeting correct social media channels, you can generate tons of sales every month.
Whether it’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other platform, each of them you can target after doing a thorough analysis. So, when the opportunity is so massive, why shouldn’t you take advantage of it? And to facilitate your job, I have rounded up 10 best WordPress social media plugins.
Before I shed light on these plugins, I would like to put forth a few stats on the popularity of social media currently. This will act as a motivational factor for you to utilize social media plugins.
As per the stats of DataReportal, there are 4.48 billion social media users around the world in July 2021. This is massive, right?
Among all the social media channels that we have, Facebook, with no surprise, sits at the top of the table.
According to the latest report of Statista published on 2nd August, 2021, Facebook was recorded to have 2.85 billion monthly active users worldwide.
Hence, you can easily grasp the role social media can play to uplift your business. I will now walk you through 10 WordPress social media plugins that can really make a difference to your sliding business.
Without further ado, let’s cut to the chase…….
10 Robust WordPress Social Media Plugins
Tons of WordPress Social media plugins are available at your disposal. But it’s very crucial for you to know the ones that can resolve your painpoints. The social media plugins must have social media sharing, logging, and counter features.
Let’s dive deep into the round-up….
When it comes to leveraging WordPress social media plugin, WP social should be on top of your preference list. The plugin is loaded with handy features that can scale up your site traffic substantially. You can do social media integration at an ease with it.
No matter whether it’s social share, social login, or social counter, you can get all the 3 features in WP social. So, why install 3 different plugins when you are getting them in 1? Visitors can log into your site using their social accounts and share your content on a variety of platforms.
You can view both the total shares and individual shares on various social media platforms. You can even display the total number of fans, followers, and subscribers of your social channels with this cost-effective social media plugin.
- GDPR Compliant: Enables GDPR compliance before collecting user data to keep them protected.
- Up to Date API: Application programming interface of the plugin is designed with the latest software development kit.
- Enable/Disable Features: This is a magnificent feature you can get in WP social as you can enable features as per your need and disable features that you aren’t leveraging to prevent slowing down your site.
- Access to Tons of Social Channels: The plugin offers you to display 14+ social sharing networks, 8+ social counter networks, and 8+ social login networks.
- Smooth Registration and Social Login: Provides you a hassle-free one-click registration and social login via Woocommerce, Buddypress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- No custom social media feed to display Facebook posts, Twitter cards, and Instagram photos in the site.
Yearly professional plan starts at $79. Lifetime professional plan starts at $179.
If you have any query about the WP Social, feel free to get in touch with us.
If you are looking for a traffic-generating plugin, Jetpack is one of them. The plugin provides you with an easy and simple social sharing solution. With the help of this plugin, you can auto publish blog posts and social media posts as well.
The sharing module of the plugin lets you display the sharing buttons for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Skype, etc. You can even showcase email and print buttons.
You also have the freedom to display official sharing buttons, social media icons with text, icons only or even text only. On top of that, to spice up your website, the software component allows you to share your Instagram feed there.
- 24/7 Auto Security: Provides auto real time security backing up and restoring data, scanning malware, managing migration, and ensuring spam protection.
- Quick Speed and Performance: Get blazing fast site speed and auto image optimization with Jetpack’s CDN.
- User-friendly Design Tool: Offers a simple and coding-free option to customize your site and set it apart from others.
- Regular Updates for Integration: The plugin is updated monthly to ensure seamless integration with WordPress.
- Redundant Features: Contains some unnecessary options in the interface including toggles and submenus.
- Need of Connection to WordPress.com: You need to register an account and connect to WordPress.com to deploy all the free options including most of the modules.
- Incompatible with 3rd Party Plugins: The built-in modules operate perfectly together but the plugin shows incompatibility with many other plugins like W3 Total Cache, Better WP Security, Comment Luv, etc.
Security Daily plan starts at $11.97/month if paid annually
Shareaholic isn’t just a social share plugin but also a content amplification platform. This plugin will let you add many different functionalities including social share buttons, related posts, content analytics ad monetization, and so on.
Regardless of the size of your website, the plugin can help you boost your site traffic, expand your audience, gain insight, and elevate engagement. You also have the options to pick vertical or horizontal layout, headline, size, custom icon colors, total share counts, etc.
Shareaholic has a super user-friendly interface for you to inject social share buttons. No matter whether it’s a post, page, category, or index page, you can add the buttons smoothly without any hassle. When it comes to the positions of buttons, you can place them on any side of the content.
- Optimized for Mobile: Compatible with all types of mobile devices. Responsive and retina display-friendly.
- Scalable: Regardless of the site page views, it will scale to any value and bring out the desired output.
- Monetization: Enables you to make effortless bucks with complete control of the site.
- Swift and Secure: Ensures site speed blazing fast along with giving foolproof data security.
- Slows down your Site: Reduces the speed of your site while loading the pages.
- Lack of Description in the Homepage: Homepage could have detailed about the plugin to bring clarity about its functionalities.
Basic features are free for lifetime. Professional plan starts at $8/month if billed annually.
In most cases, social media channels have distinct plugins. That means, you have to leverage separate plugins to display the posts of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. on your site.
But Smash Balloon is a stunning plugin that integrates all the posts of different social media platforms in one single feed and displays on your site. You can also customize your Instagram feed to make it look as you desire so that it shows up in the website stunningly to your visitors.
Besides, the plugin is a perfect one to save your precious time as you don’t have to update your photos on your website individually. All you have to do is post the photos in your Instagram profile and the website will automatically display them.
- Social Wall: It integrates the social feed of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram into a single wall.
- Customization Available: Modifies and adjusts the image length, width, and height, image size, image spacing, number of images, number of columns, background color, etc.
- Smart Caching and Backup System: For maximum speed and optimized performance, it backs up data and stores cache intelligently.
- Custom Social Media Feed: Allows you to add Facebook posts, photos, live videos, display twitter cards, and link Instagram photos and stories right to your WordPress site.
- Limited to use only in WordPress sites.
Personal plan starts at $49/year for a single site.
MashShare, yeah, it aligns with Mashable, right? Technically, the plugin is designed exactly in the Mashable’s social sharing style. So, if you follow Mashable, the plugin automatically becomes one of the high-priority ones for you to check out.
Apart from that, it features some smashing social media sharing options that you need to try out. MashShare is available both in free and premium versions. If your goal is just to get Mashable styled buttons, the free version will do for you.
But if you want to enjoy the addons offered by MashShare, you have to go for a premium plugin. In the premium plan, you can extend the social sharing with addons. Some of the key addons of the plugin are listed below-
- Google Analytics integration and event tracking
- Facebook likebar
- Floating sidebar
- Click to tweet
- More social networks
- Video post addon
- Optimum Performance: Intuitive design and offers high-performing share buttons.
- Filters/Actions: Perfect for developers and available with a variety of filters and actions.
- Smart Caching: Boasts smart caching system to prevent the site from slowing down.
- Share Count: Displays the total social share count in a flash. Contains a smart virtual share button count function which adds virtual shares to your posts.
- Limited Features: Compared to other social media plugins, the features are limited.
- Poor Multi-language Feature: The feature stands below the industry standard.
- Lack of Quality in Front-end Editor Feature: The feature has been rated below the industry average.
Pro version starts at €39/year for a single site.
Social Warfare is one of the traffic-driving social share plugins available at your disposal. The plugin is fully responsive and offers eye-soothing social sharing buttons. It has the ability to display the most popular posts on your site based on social shares.
Deploying the plugin, you can upload Pinterest-friendly images to your post that will show up only when your content is shared on the platform. Alongside, you can add tweetable quotes to your post letting the users share your custom messages with the plugin.
On top of that, the plugin lets you conduct a holistic analysis of the social data and injects UTM tracking to every shared link. This enables you to track the source of your traffic and monitor the performance of your social shares.
- Customization: A plenty of customization options available in this plugin. You can add custom titles, images,descriptions, and even information like open graph data. This date will let you regulate the content display when it will be shared.
- Share Count Recovery: You usually lose your old share count data when you move your site to HTTPS or modify the domain name. With this feature of Social Warfare, you can recover your content’s old share count.
- Minimum Social Proof: It normally feels good to display share counts. With this plugin, you can define a minimum share count that must be met before displaying numbers.
- Conflicts: Infrequently conflicts with plugins like toolset.
- Support and Updates Issues: You won’t receive support and updates once you stop paying annual premium fees.
- Restrictions: Free version is restricted to only a few features. For advanced features, you have to switch to a premium plan.
Free version available with limited features. Pro version starts at $29/year for a single site.
Easy Social Share Buttons come with some hook-grabbing features that you would fancy to utilize. The plugin provides some handy options that you can leverage to streamline your user experience.
You can pick your social sharing buttons, the icon designs, and the active status of the social counters. It comes with 52+ premade templates and 25+ animations. Apart from that, Easy Social Share Buttons also comes with a widget that you can put on the website anywhere with a shortcode to showcase your profile.
The plugin supports over 50 popular social media networks letting you display social sharing buttons in over 30 different positions. Some positions like flyins, pop-ups, floating bars, etc. can be triggered with events like item purchase, percentage of page scrolling, and time spent on page.
- Post Share Actions: Allows you to showcase custom messages once a user shares your content. You can display a like button or email opt-in.
- Analytics and A/B Testing: Lets you gather detailed data about the performance of your share buttons. You can even conduct A/B testing to scale up your shares.
- Popular Posts Display: Enables you to show a list of your most popular posts through social shares.
- Live Chat: You can showcase a live chat button for Facebook Messenger or Skype live chat.
- Busy Dashboard: Dashboard shows up overwhelmed with features which are confusing for beginners.
- No Free Version or Trial Period: The plugin doesn’t have a free version or trial period for assessment.
- Poor Documentation: Documentation lacks clarity and proper explanation.
Starts at $22/year for a single website.
Another extremely popular WordPress social media plugin that you can consider for your site is Monarch. It was developed by Elegant Themes back in 2014 and offers some stellar features.
It comes with 35 different social sharing networks that you can cherry pick to showcase in your website. You can showcase the social sharing buttons in 5 different positions on the page. What are they? Just take a look underneath-
- Above or below content
- In a floating sidebar
- As an automatic popup
- In a fly-in box
- Embedded into images or videos
With its triggering feature, you can pick and choose the time to trigger your social media buttons. For example, once a user leaves a comment on a post, you can display social share buttons. This also boosts the chances of conversion as the user has already shown interest.
- Customization: You can style the share buttons and add social share counts.
- Social Follow Buttons: With the help of a widget or a shortcode, you can inject social follow buttons.
- Image Sharing: Unlike most of the other social media plugins, this one lets you share media files on social networks.
- Flaws in Share Counts: Inaccuracy shows up in share counts occasionally.
- Load Time Impact: Likely to affect your site load time.
- Floating Sidebar Location Issue: It’s exclusively located on the left side.
$89/year to get access to all the products of Elegant Themes including Monarch (Membership-based)
If you are hunting for a social media plugin with an intuitive design and interface, Social Snap is the right pick for you. The plugin is so user-friendly that you can install it in no time and start enjoying the benefits of it.
With this plugin, you can drive as well as multiply your engagement and traffic at a lighting pace. The appearance of buttons always matters. With that in mind, the plugin also offers you to choose your desired button colors, shapes, and sizes.
The plugin is a feature-heavy one and lets you add buttons to display 30+ social media channels on your website. Along with classic placement options like inline buttons and floating sidebar, you can derive features like share hub and sticky bar from it.
- Share Count: You have the option to showcase both individual and total share counts.
- Analytics: It allows you viewing in-dashboard analytics, number of times a piece of content is being shared, and monitor the best-performing posts.
- Click to Tweet Boxes: Tweet boxes are added to the content to increase shares and traffic.
- Social Media Auto-poster: Both old and new posts are shared automatically in your social media profiles.
- Old Posts Boosting: Bring your old posts into life by resharing them into Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Social Login: Very handy feature as it allows your visitors to log into your site through social networks.
- Device Targeting: Based on your device, you can choose which social network to display. For example, you can display a Facebook button on your smartphone while a WhatsApp button on your desktop.
- Analytics Unavailability: Key features like Analytics come only with the pro version.
- Addons Restriction: Addons restricted only to the pro and agency plan but not in the plus plan.
Plus plan starts at $27.30/year (Excluding Addons). Pro plan starts at $69.30/year (Including all Addons)
There is hardly any plugin we can name other than Revive Social when it comes to automating the process of scheduling and sharing older posts. When a post gets older, it doesn’t mean that it has lost its value and charm.
But due to the publishing of new posts, older posts fade away. This is where Revive Social will come into play as it will reshare old posts as many times as you want to target your audience based on different time zones and bring life into them.
No matter whether it’s a post, page, or custom post types, you can share it with this amazing software. And the good thing about it is you have complete control over your site. The plugin can automatically add hashtags choosing from the category or tags.
- Scheduler and Hour timer: Lets you share your old content as often as you wish and set how many hours of gap you want between one post from another.
- Auto WordPress Post Share: Once you publish a post in your site, it will automatically be shared on social media regardless of scheduling. This is great, right?
- Social Media Analytics: Allows you to track a host of social media data about the source of your site traffic.
- RSS to Social Media and Exclusions: Shares posts from any RSS feed to Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Twitter, and so on. Additionally, it keeps certain posts out of feeds and social media if you want them not to show up there.
- Limitations: Starter plan is restricted with limited features.
Starts at $49/year for a single website.
Now, take a quick look at the highlights of the above-listed WordPress social media plugins through a comparison table-
Bonus- FS Poster
If you are in hunt for a social media plugin doing auto-post and scheduling of your WordPress site’s post in social media platforms, FS Poster is the perfect choice for you. No matter whether it’s a blog post, image, video, custom post, or even WooCommerce product, you can auto-post all of them smoothly with this amazing plugin.
FS Poster comes with 15 social media channels integrated with it including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. The plugin besides automating the posts on social media also streamlines the site SEO.
Your site also gets a boost in the overall traffic. In a word, it’s a marvelous plugin that will save your precious time as you don’t have to manually share posts every time.
- 15 social media networks integrated
- Option to create custom post URLs
- Calendar view available
- Bulk scheduling action
- Proxy support available
- YouTube and TikTok aren’t integrated with the plugin
Price: $45 for lifetime
Over to you
This is it!!! I have introduced you to the top 10 powerful WordPress social media plugins for your benefits. Leveraging them, you can make your site responsive, intuitive and user-friendly. As a result, your engagement, traffic, and conversion will tick up.
Plugins being pieces of software, bugs are likely to show up. WordPress plugins are also no exception to it. But I have cherry-picked the 10 best social media plugins for WordPress in my write-up. Now, you be the judge and compare the features, pros as well as cons of all the above-listed plugins. Finally, deploy the one that suits your requirements.
Till I come up with another useful, informative, and compelling write-up, just chill and enjoy your life. Visit our website to know more about our WordPress social media plugin WP Social and give it a try if you like it.