Many themes sold on the marketplace come bundled with premium plugins from wpmet.
A plugin is an additional component that offers functionality and features beyond a typical WordPress installation. Theme authors (who sell the themes) may choose to include certain plugins (such as Elements KIt) within their themes to add these special functions and features to the theme.
When a Theme packages the plugin with the theme itself, it’s the same exact plugin that we sell individually on Wpmet. But only the stand-alone version is eligible for Premium Benefits, like Auto-update, Premium support, extra PRO layouts. so many customers choose to purchase the plugin individually as well to unlock its full potential.
Our plugins may ask for a purchase code for registration/activation once installed, however, you can simply ignore these messages as bundled plugins do not require activation or registration. The plugin will still work as intended with the theme once the theme has been activated/registered.
When a plugin is updated, the theme author will include the latest version of the bundled plugin with their next theme update. So you can easily update the bundled plugin when you next update your theme.
Difference between a bundled and a standalone plugin? #
Bundled plugins from a theme author: #
- You don’t need to buy a license for the plugin
- Support will be provided by the Theme author as part of the theme
- Updates are managed by the theme author and would be available in the Admin panel when a new version of the theme is released.
- Since you don’t have to license plugin, ignore the license activation notifications from that product.
- You will be able to use all the features of the plugins except the pro layout from our layoutKit library.
Separately purchased plugins from Wpmet: #
- Come with their own individual license
- Can be used independently, with any theme you like
- Come with their own purchase code, which may be used to activate the plugin and remove the “Activation” message from admin.
- It can be updated from Direct admin as soon as a new plugin version is released by wpmet.
- It comes with premium support from the plugin author. You can ask any questions